The Junior League of Jacksonville is an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
For more than 90 years, the Junior League of Jacksonville has been building a better Jacksonville. Our members, more than 1,000 women with varying backgrounds, education and accomplishments are proud to say:
- We work, keep up with our families AND volunteer.
- We are trained and effective volunteers. JLJ volunteers have access to valuable training and education, ranging from leadership and organizational development to community program work and fundraising.
- We have partnered with over 65 community organizations since 1923.
- We contribute over 15,000 volunteer hours (a value of over $300,000) to the Jacksonville community each year.
- In addition to our volunteer service, we have contributed more than $1.3 million to community projects and improvements.
- We focus on issues to improve the lives of women and children through health and education, the arts, historic preservation, and leadership.